National Biomass Stove Tax Credit Has Been Extended!
What products qualify?
- Anything that qualified for the credit in the past would qualify again. The credit was extended using the same language used for years: must be at least 75 percent efficient.
- It covers qualifying products purchased since the credit expired, December 31, 2017, and until the current credit expires on December 31, 2020.
- Remember, this is a retroactive extension, too. If someone purchased a qualifying product in 2018, they could file an amended return. If someone purchased a qualifying product in 2019, including in the next couple weeks, it could be claimed on their 2019 return
Cumberland County, ME American Lung Association Wood Stove Change-out Program - Click for Application / Click for Fact Sheet
Pellet and Wood Stove Rebate - $500 REBATE on wood and pellet stoves – click here for rebate form
- Upgrade of existing unit
- Located in Maine
- Any installer is eligible including self-install. Installer does not need to be a Residential Registered Vendor unless the upgrade is being included as part of a Home Energy Loan.
Timeframe: Unit purchased between October 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019 and rebate form postmarked or emailed by January 31, 2020. Click here for more details.
Increased rebates on Biomass Boilers and Furnaces – the rebate for biomass boilers and furnaces has been increased from 1/3 of project costs up to $3,000 to 1/3 of project costs up to $6,000. Nothing else about biomass boilers and furnaces has been changed.
Efficiency Maine Low-Interest Loans Program - Varying loan amounts for qualifying wood and pellet stoves, pellet boilers and furnaces. Click here for more information.
Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC) Changeout
- Eligibility: Any Massachusetts resident or business that currently uses a non-certified woodstove or fireplace insert.
- Rebate: Standard Rebate between $1,000 to $1,500; Low-Income Rebate between $2,500 to $3,000. Click here for more information.
Western MA Changeout Program:
Program Duration: Until funds are depleted
- Eligibility: Residents of Berkshire, Franklin, Hampden, or Hampshire counties that use older woodstoves
- Rebate: Voucher between $300 to $5,000 depending on appliance; Voucher of $3,000 available for income-qualified residents
Clean Energy Development Fund (CEDF) Small Scale Renewable Energy Incentive Program for Advanced Wood Pellet Heating Systems
Eligibility: Residents of Vermont
- Rebate: $2,500 per unit; $5,000 total per customer for purchasing a qualifying wood pellet heating system. Click here for more information.
Western Vermont Changeout Program:
Program Duration: Ongoing
- Eligibility: Residents of Rutland County and the towns of Bridgewater, Dorset, Goshen, Leicester, Ludlow, Orwell, Peru, Plymouth, Rochester, Rupert, Stockbridge, Weston, Whiting
- Rebate: Up to $4,800 for a new wood or pellet stove; Income-qualified rebate up to $8,000 rebate
New York State:
New York State Pellet Stove Incentive Program